WHO WE ARE
MK Entertainment is Southwest Florida's premier boutique DJ company, owned and operated by Michael and Kari Mendez. We are a husband and wife team who love the power of music and the energy that it creates. We have attended countless weddings and events where we felt the DJ was subpar - they didn't read the crowd, played all the wrong songs and left the dance floor empty most of the night. Considering all of the time, money and effort that goes into planning a wedding, having a DJ who doesn't live up to your expectations by playing whatever music they want, regardless of how little your guests respond, is unacceptable. We always knew that, if given the opportunity, we could easily turn the party around and make the event unforgettable, which is how the idea of MK Entertainment was conceived.
We take a modern approach when providing entertainment at your wedding. We don't wear tacky outdated attire, we don't use an obnoxious DJ voice,
and we don't force silly games upon your guests in order to fill the dance floor. We believe in a far less intrusive approach by providing modest,
yet effective emceeing to encourage guest participation, all while keeping the spotlight on you.
When you book with us, you are hiring real talent; a real DJ with live mixing who gauges the mood and response of your guests. Our extensive music knowledge allows us to create unique mixes through a full spectrum of genres, keeping guests of all ages entertained.
We believe that the process of planning your wedding should be special and most importantly, stress free. We have a well-established process that allows us to develop your wedding timeline from start to finish and personalize your music selections in order to turn your vision into a reality.
We only book 3-4 events per month so that we can dedicate our full attention to each event and offer an unparalleled level of customer service.
From the planning process to your big day, we'll be by your side providing the guidance, support and professionalism that you deserve. Whether you are planning an intimate wedding, corporate function or anything in between, MK Entertainment will make your event one to remember!
We primarily serve Naples, Fort Myers and the surrounding Southwest Florida area including, but not limited to Sanibel & Captiva Islands, Marco Island and Cape Coral.
1. Contact us to check availability and get our pricing options.
2. Schedule an initial consult with us - either in person, over a phone call, Skype or FaceTime. We want to get to know you and determine if we are a good fit for each other. We will discuss the details of your wedding or event and determine which of our services will be appropriate for you.
3. After our consult, if you decide that we are the right DJ team for you, we will e-mail you our contract and secure a non-refundable deposit to hold your date. This deposit removes your date from our calendar so that your event is the only one on that day.
4. Once we go to contract, if you are booking us for your wedding, we will send you our six-page timeline planner. This is a guide that will take you from your ceremony through the last dance of the evening and allows you to customize your wedding in order to make it exactly as you want. For example, you can choose specific songs for specific events (i.e. your ceremony processional, first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss etc). We also include a music request list of "must play" songs and "do not play" songs.
5. Once we have your planner - which we require one month prior to your wedding - we will review all of the information carefully, compile a list of any questions or suggestions we may have, and then schedule a final consult with you approximately two weeks prior to your wedding. During this consult, both parties will have a copy of the completed planner and we will review every page in detail. When we are finished, you will feel confident that we know exactly what you are looking for in order to make your wedding a dream come true!
6. After our final consult, we will create and e-mail you your final, official timeline for your approval. Once approved, we will also share this timeline with your other wedding vendors (photographer, videographer, venue contact etc.) so that everyone has the same information.
7. On your wedding day, we will work as a team with your other vendors to ensure your wedding runs smoothly and on time. All you have to do is show up and enjoy your big day!
Our wedding ceremony sound system will ensure that your guests will actually hear your vows. We also customize all of your ceremony music including seating music, processional, interlude and recessional. Our music will sound exactly the same as a string quartet or other live musician - but we will also provide a wireless handheld microphone and a wedding ceremony coordinator, who will ensure your bridal party is lined up correctly so everyone is walking down the aisle in the correct order, to the correct song.
In addition to rocking your wedding reception, we can also add to its beauty with our LED uplights! Our uplighting package will set the stage for your reception, providing a unique ambiance that will enhance pictures and videos. Uplighting brings a room to life and will deliver that WOW factor to you and your guests by transforming an ordinary room into an extraoridinary room.
School & corporate events
Not getting married but want to take your private or corporate event to the next level? We've got you covered! From Proms to holiday parties to corporate conferences - we've done it all. Some of our past/recurring clients include:
The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Gulfshore Business Magazine
Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida Natural Gas Association
The Club At Barefoot Beach
Estero High School
Gateway Charter School
Bonita Springs Charter School
Barron Collier High School
Gulf Coast High School
Seacrest Country Day School
It makes sense that when you are hiring a DJ, you want to be able to hear them in action so you can get a feel for their style. We will be mixing live at your event, executing smooth blends between songs and weaving multiple genres together seamlessly. We don't do preset playlists or pre-recorded mixes. Instead, we tailor the musical atmosphere to match your vision for your event. You can expect us to use our experience at hundreds of successful events to guide you and your guests through the most fun you've ever had on a dance floor.
Check out some of our mixes below!
Are you licensed and insured?
Yes. We are professionally licensed and carry full liability insurance.
Copies of our license and insurance information can be provided upon request.
What are your prices?
Since every event is different, pricing varies. Contact us to discuss your event and we'll be able to give you a price based on your needs.
Do you charge extra for the time it takes to set up and break down your equipment?
No. There is no extra charge for set up or break down.
Will you travel outside of Southwest Florida for an event?
Yes. Travel rates may apply.
Do we meet with you before the event?
Yes. We will have a consult with you initially to get to know each other and to go over the details and vision for your event. We will also meet with you two weeks before your event to ensure we have the most up-to-date and accurate information and to alleviate any questions or concerns you may have. Of course, we are always available in between to meet or speak with you whenever you need us.
How early do you arrive to set up?
We arrive to all of our events at least 2-3 hours prior to the start time.
What do you require to secure your services for the date of our event?
We require a $300.00 non-refundable deposit in order to secure your date.
Does your price include dance floor lighting?
Yes. Our pricing includes modern dance floor lighting.
Uplighting and illuminated monograms are available at an additional charge.
Do you provide planning forms?
Yes. We provide a comprehensive planning packet which creates a full timeline and covers every detail of your event from start to finish. This packet also includes a section where you can create a playlist, make song requests and also list songs that you do not want played.